my favourite's

Monday 29 August 2011


This is a true narration of a young graduate who had just returned from his studies in USA. Let us read this article and then reflect on what virtues and values we actually hold for our beloved parents.

Some of us have no parents now since Allah (SWT) called them back because of the great pain and anguish some of us might have caused them when they were alive with us.

Now read on. If you have a heart you will also feel a great pain in your heart after reading this article.

A few days back when I had gone to a park for my evening walk I came across an elderly couple sitting on a bench looking completely dejected and engrossed in talking to each other. Tired myself and also curious to know about their topic of discussion I went and sat next to them. After a few moments what I could gather from their conversation was that their only son had migrated to America and they were left alone back here.

Every sentence they said to each other conveyed to me their longing their loneliness and their unconditional love for their only son. My eyes literally welled up with tears and in that instance I realized just how selfish we as children have become.

In our pursuit to achieve our goals and ambitions we tend to forget the two most important people of our lives: Our Parents. Those parents who protected us when we were young those parents who nurtured us physically and mentally and guided us through our lives, those parents who wanted us even before we were conceived.

What has the fate of these parents become now? Most of them are languishing in old age homes whilst most of them are leading a life of complete loneliness and most of them are discarded when they fall ill. Why do we children of our parents forget that we are what we are because of these two special people who brought us into this world protected us from nightmares and who encouraged us to chase our dreams.

Finally, I would like to quote a few lines written by a wise man which says,

"WHEN YOU WERE SMALL AND JUST A TOUCH AWAY I COVERED YOU WITH BLANKETS AGAINST THE COOL NIGHT AIR BUT NOW THAT YOU ARE TALL AND OUT OF REACH I STRETCH MY HANDS AND COVER YOU WITH PRAYERS."

No comments:

Post a Comment