my favourite's

Thursday 1 December 2011








When my Eyes saw the last of Maryam....

I am 23 years old and married. I am young and I have been through a lot in my life.

The first time I wore the hijab, I was 18 years old. Unfortunately, I took it off because of the lack of my knowledge. It is no surprise that ALLAH says in the Qur’an:

“It is only those who have knowledge amongst His slaves that fear Allah.” [Surat Fatir , 35: 28]

Since my knowledge was lacking in Islam, my taqwa was weak. If someone has weak taqwa, how would they have enough fear of ALLAH ? And if they don’t have enough fear of ALLAH, then how would they put on a hijab for ALLAH’s pleasure?

Alhamdulillah, now I have again put on the hijab. I have been wearing the hijab and jilbab, all praise to ALLAH. I learned about how important the hijab is. ALLAH commanded the women in the Qur’an to cover. It is a commandment from ALLAH, and should we question it? No, we don’t question. We should listen and obey.

Under the will of ALLAH, a tragic moment in my life opened my eyes to reality. I was blessed with a precious little baby girl, who we named Maryam. I lost my 2-month daughter to a disease this year. (May ALLAH admit her to Jannah. Ameen.)

I gave my precious little pearl her last bath after death reached her. I washed her tender body and held her delicate lifeless figure. When I carried her to be put into the box, I couldn’t do it…

Another individual, my friend’s mother, covered her with the cloth. The last thing the woman put on my precious child was a hijab. My eyes filled with tears when I saw my baby girl of 2 months covered all over.

I understand, after gaining knowledge, that hijab is so important. We have to seek knowledge, and may ALLAH increase our taqwa! We have to understand that ALLAH knows best and He commanded us to cover ourselves. If we don’t cover now, when will we cover? When we die?

Death will come and that is a fact no one can debate. Are we going to get an invitation to our graves… an invitation letting us know when we are due to our destination, the narrow space in the ground? Will an alarm go on a week before we die so we can prepare ourselves ? Will someone send us an e-mail with a “deadline” title stating that we will die in 5 days ? No.

My beloved sisters, seek knowledge and follow the commandments of ALLAH because we were created to worship Him. My beloved sisters in Islam, put on the hijab for the sake of ALLAH before death comes unannounced. Death came to my little Maryam, and death will come to all of us one day.

Don’t forget my dear sisters what Allah states in the Qur’an:

“Say: The angel of death, who is set over you, will take your souls. Then you shall be brought to your Lord” [as-Sajdah, 32:11]




http://www.facebook.com/womeninislam

No comments:

Post a Comment