my favourite's

Wednesday 4 December 2013






Never wish to be in anyone else's shoes, because you can't see the stones inside of them.






When someone does you wrong, don't wrong them back. That's like being given a tray of good deeds and saying "I don't want those!"





Sufyān al-Thawri (raḥimahullāh) was told that there was a group of people who always backbite him so he sent a bowl of fruit and wrote, “I wanted to thank you for giving me your good deeds, so I am sending this bowl to you. Please forgive me for it not being enough to thank you for what you did to me.”






"Support me with your advice in private, and avoid advising me in public. Surely giving advice among the people is a kind of reproach, which I would rather not listen to. If you disobey and ignore my wish, don’t be saddened if you are not obeyed." - Imam Ash Shafiee (rahimahullah)






Giving naseeha (advice) publicly when you know the person and can do so privately shows how little you think of that person






Sometimes your brother/sister needs a shoulder to lean on, not a sermon






To have friends that you can hang out with that don't backbite is rare and special






Those who hate you believe whats said about you. Those who love you believe in you.






When you treat people well, those same people might not treat you the same way. But if you pay attention, you'll notice that Allah has sent OTHER people who treat you even better.






When you cant hold an intelligent conversation without personal insults, it makes you and your argument look silly

https://www.facebook.com/imamomarsuleiman

No comments:

Post a Comment