my favourite's

Monday 16 December 2013



Bismillah!
Today's note- Know your companion!

I was watching my kids mold stuffs from their play dough. They would come to me sometimes asking to mold a tiger or a lion. I am not very good in this art yet I try but sometimes I deny saying I don't know (which of course bring disappointment to them)
I keep watching them mold the dough into a long snake, ball or a flower. Sometimes they make things that have no shape yet they call them an elephant or a monkey. Kids and their imaginations know no bounds.
But then later on in the day I was thinking of their activity and realized just one thing about life. Our personality depends on whom we are with. We will be molded according to the people whom we are with.
We are like the play dough, soft and smooth but we will be soon changed according to the wishes of others.
But remember, the smoothness and softness will remain, in fact the texture of the dough will be smoother and softer than it has been. But then it would look old, used and soon will be neglected. That is where we realize with whom we were all these days.
The play dough has got no option but you are given an option, option of being wise, option of thinking for yourself. Know your companion before it gets too late.
If you feel you are been used by others like a play dough then don't worry. Everything has a reason behind. Perhaps the God wanted you to be softer and smoother than you have been. You might look old and used but you haven't lost your spirit.
Umm Zaid

https://www.facebook.com/islamicinspiringwords

No comments:

Post a Comment