my favourite's

Saturday 10 September 2011



A long time ago there
lived an old woman who
was carrying a heavy
load along the road. It
was a bit difficult for
her, but she was
managing as best she
could. A young man
asked if he could help
her with her load, and
she readily obliged. Here
is the conversation that
transpired:
"It would be such a
pleasure to have you
come along with me. I
accept your gracious
offer of kindness and
company," she said. She
was a very talkative
woman and the young
man did not want to
interrupt her. So he let
her speak the entire
time they were
together.
"But as we walk along
young man, and as you
help me with my load, I
have only one request
as we travel down this
road. Don't talk to me
about Muhammad!
Because of Him there is
no peace and I have
trouble in my mind. So
don't talk to me about
Muhammad! And as we
walk along together, we
will get along just fine."
She continued: "That
man upsets me so-so
much more than you
could know! I hear of His
name and reputation
everywhere i go. Though
his family and his clan
once knew him as an
honest man, he's
dividing everyone with
His claim that God is
One! He's misled all the
weak, the poor, and the
slaves. They think
they've all found wealth
and freedom by
following his way!
He's corrupted all the
youth with his twisted
band of truth. He's
convinced them they
are all strong and gave
them somewhere to
belong. So don't you
dare talk to me about
Muhammad!"
They reached their
destination, and the
man helped the woman
put away her
belongings. The old
woman, with a wide
smile of gratitude at
the stranger's
kindness, turned to him
and said "Thank You
now, young man. You've
really been so kind. That
generosity and smile is
very rare to find these
days. Stay away from
Muhammad, don't heed
his word or emulate his
way. If you do, you will
never have peace and
all you will find is
trouble."
As the young man
turned away, she
stopped him. "Now
before we part and go,
if it's alright just the
same, may i ask you
dear young man, who
are you? What's your
name?"
He told her, and she
stopped dead in her
tracks.
"Forgive me, but what
was that? Your words
weren't very clear. My
ears are getting old,
and sometimes I have a
hard time hearing. You
know, it's rather funny,
but I'm sure i must be
wrong. Yet, i thought i
heard you say that your
name is Muhammad."
"I am Muhammad", the
Prophet (p.b.u.h) told the
woman.
This conversation took
place as the woman
was planning to leave
Mecca due to the
spreading message of
Islam, but after seeing
the Prophet's beautiful
character and
generosity, she became
Muslim right there on
the spot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment