my favourite's

Wednesday 22 October 2014



Silence can be sweet, but it can also be poisonous.





You reach out, but all you can grasp is their shadow.





“It’s impossible to silence the heart.
My eyes speak for me
even when I make sure my mouth does not.”





Today, eyes see...

Today, eyes see her book laid out before me, each delicate page laced with memories. I scoot closer as she breathes the words for my attentive ears, momentarily pausing to swipe at trickling tears. I don't look into her eyes as my ears are enough to recognise pain, and who wants to see demons that you once thought had been slain? When she closed her book, a smile curled in the corner of her mouth. "There is sadness in my past, but I refuse for that to be what my present is about."





I wondered why somebody didn't do something. Then I realized, I am somebody.





I've heard some of the most breathtaking verbal life collages from the broken. Despite being on the mend, still gathering themselves, constantly adjusting their compass, and stumbling on their path to being whole again, they have a glint of determination that twinkles in their eyes that only the once broken can recognize.

There's no moral, simply an affirmation that things *do* get better. They do.





In His Name I start
afresh
anew
renewed
to start over from a better point
than yesterday

And it's in His Name
I rise
arise
realise
skin can be shed and grown thicker
than yesterday's

And it's His Name I adorn my tongue with.
His Name I warm my home with.
His Name that lightens loads I never have to carry alone.

His Name.

It's in His Name
I restart
recharge
anew
renewed
to start over from a better point than yesterday.

In His Name.


https://www.facebook.com/LaYinka.S?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

No comments:

Post a Comment