•♥• My Mother •♥•
• M • is for the Moments she spent in anguish...
Each time you had a fever or a chill.
• O • is for the Oceans of tears she sadly shed...
When your country called and you went off to war.
• T • is for the Time and Trouble...
She would take to make your favorite meals.
• H • is for the Hours she spent in dreadful worry...
Each time you stayed out late and didn’t call.
• E • is for the Emptiness she felt so deep inside...
When you said: “I do”, and left to start a life anew.
• R • is for the Righteous pride she has always had...
Knowing that she raised you the best way that she could.
If I were hanged on the highest hill, I know whose love would follow me still,
• My mother!
If I were drowned in the deepest sea, I know whose tears would come down to me,
• My mother!
If I were blocked of body and soul, I know whose prayers would make me whole,
• My mother!
No comments:
Post a Comment